When the time comes to sell your Barrington home, painting the interior walls can give it a new look and draw more attention from potential buyers. A fresh coat of paint not only improves the look and feel of your home, but it also conceals any minor surface imperfections like dents, dings, and scratches. As a matter of fact, most real estate professionals recommend painting your interior walls before putting your home on the market.
Apart from the actual task of painting, one of the most challenging aspects of this process is deciding on the right interior paint color(s) to help you sell your Barrington home. How do you know which interior paint colors will appeal to potential buyers when there are so many to pick from?
If you’ve found yourself in this situation, then you’ve come to the right place. Below, this interior painting company in Barrington, Illinois is going to review some of the best paint colors to consider before putting your home on the market.
Keep it simple
The best way to approach painting the interior of your Barrington home is to choose interior paint colors that will appeal to a broad spectrum of people. This means staying away from loud colors like lime green, fire engine red, canary yellow, matte black, and tangerine orange. Instead, opt for warmer and more inviting colors. Your interior painting company in Barrington, Illinois will recommend colors that work well with a wide range of styles as a starting point.
Consider using more neutral paint colors to help potential buyers visualize themselves in your Barrington home. Because neutral shades work seamlessly with a wide range of accent colors and interior décor, they tend to have a broader appeal.
Five popular paint colors you should consider
Here are five popular interior paint colors to consider when selling your home. These colors all have one thing in common — they are soft neutrals that will appeal to a broad spectrum of potential buyers:
- Magnetic Gray (SW7058): Magnetic Gray complements a wide range of furnishings and interior design themes. When contrasted with white trim, this warm gray color looks fantastic in living spaces.
- Pure White (SW7005): When it comes to neutral tones, you cannot go wrong with white. This warm white has traces of green that can harmonize with any style. As any reputable Barrington interior painting company will tell you, Pure White also works well with indoor house plants and complements dark décor.
- Steely Gray (SW7664): This rich and striking gray does well if you want to blend a touch of elegance with versatility. Steely Gray is dark enough to make a statement, but not so dark that it makes a room feel cramped.
- Natural Linen (SW9109): This warm-toned brown would look stunning in rooms that get a lot of natural light. Natural Linen is versatile enough to complement both light and dark décor.
- Quicksilver (SW6245): Quicksilver is a white shade with a blue-green tinge that can help soften spaces with harsh lighting. It is an excellent choice for adding a splash of color to a room without overpowering it. This color also works well as an accent color in different interior design themes. If you need help determining whether Quicksilver is a good option for your home, your interior painting company in Barrington, Illinois will be happy to help you.
Looking for the best Interior Painting Company in Barrington, Illinois?
It takes real effort to sell your home. There are several tasks that you must cross off the to-do list. And while repainting the interior walls is essential, you may not have the time to do it all on your own. This is where an interior painting company in Barrington, Illinois can help. Prime Time Painting has the knowledge and experience to do the job correctly and on time. So, after you have decided on the best interior paint color, let us take it from there. Contact us today to learn how we can help.