Is kitchen cabinet painting just a passing trend? Is it right for your kitchen? Will it have a positive or negative impact on the value of your home? This kitchen cabinet painting company in Park Ridge, Illinois is going to answer these questions below.
Is kitchen cabinet painting a passing trend?
No — kitchen cabinets have been painted for more than a century.
Painting your cabinets in a color that is now considered trendy is one thing that can update your kitchen. White kitchens never go out of style and can be adapted to many other design styles, including country, European, contemporary, and modern. With brown countertops, cream-painted cabinets work better.
Additionally, gray is a trendy color for kitchen cabinets right now. When painted by a professional kitchen cabinet painting company in Park Ridge, Illinois, gray cabinets should last between 10 and 15 years. This style will look timeless and fresh for many years if paired with white marble countertops and subway tiles.
Is kitchen cabinet painting the right choice for your kitchen?
Painting your cabinets is the right choice if:
- You like the way your kitchen cabinet doors look.
- You like your kitchen layout.
- You are interested in updating your kitchen at the lowest possible cost. Working with a kitchen cabinet painting company in Park Ridge, Illinois is much more cost-effective than purchasing new cabinets and having them professionally installed.
- You want to save money on your kitchen remodeling project. Painting your current cabinets rather than installing new ones will allow you more money to use toward other parts of the project, such as updating your floor or countertops or buying those high-end appliances you have had your eye on.
- You care about the environment, and you want to avoid sending trash to landfills whenever possible.
Will painting your kitchen cabinets affect the value of your home?
That is entirely dependent on how you do it. Your Park Ridge home will likely see a significant boost in value because of a beautifully painted finish. After all, homebuyers want a smooth, professionally painted surface that will last for many years.
Most homeowners we work with are also in the process of making other improvements to their kitchen at the same time, such as:
- Updating to quartz, marble, or granite countertops
- Installing a new tile backsplash
- Changing out their lighting, flooring, or appliances
All these improvements together will result in a completely updated kitchen that will add huge value to your home.
Hire a professional cabinet painting company.
If a Park Ridge homeowner chooses to paint their kitchen cabinets on their own or works with a painting company that does not specialize in painted cabinetry, they risk seeing a fall in the value of their home. If the surface is not well prepared, the paint job is sloppy, or the cabinets are waxed or highly distressed, then the value of your kitchen makeover could possibly decrease because of any or all these factors.
Painting your kitchen cabinets is the easiest, most time-efficient, and least expensive way to give your kitchen a facelift. However, this is not the kind of project you should take on by yourself.
Most homeowners who decide to paint their kitchen cabinets expect a professional-quality paint job that makes their cabinets look brand new. That is why many homeowners hire a professional kitchen cabinet painting company in Park Ridge, Illinois to achieve the desired result without all the hassle.
The bottom line? Kitchen cabinet painting is not a passing trend, but rather a kitchen improvement when done by a professional painting company.
Looking for a Professional Kitchen Cabinet Painting Company in Park Ridge, Illinois?
Are you interested in having your cabinets painted? If so, Prime Time Painting is the company to call. As the top-rated kitchen cabinet painting company in Park Ridge, Illinois, we have been providing professional results for well over two decades. Contact us today to request a free painting estimate.