Are you looking to start a home improvement project? Is upgrading or renovating your kitchen on your priority list?
For any home renovation project, it is vital that you choose a reputable and trustworthy contractor. So, after you decide that you want to paint your kitchen cabinets, looking for a reliable painting contractor should be the first step in the process.
In this post, we are going to discuss some of the things you’ll want to keep in mind before selecting a kitchen cabinet painting company in Geneva, Illinois:
Do Your Research
It is important to do your research before selecting a painting company for your kitchen makeover. Take the time to visit a prospect’s website, and also read online reviews from some of their previous customers. Google, Yelp, and Facebook reviews can be a good place to start. However, online reviews can sometimes be skewed, so it’s wise to be skeptical at first.
We recommend calling the company and asking for references of recent painting projects that they have completed. Speaking with the company’s past customers will give you a fair idea of the quality of the work performed, and how effectively and efficiently it was completed. Additionally, if the company has been in business for a number of years, this is generally an indication that they provide a quality service.
Get Kitchen Cabinet Painting Estimates
Once you have gathered a list of potential companies, you can ask them to visit your home and inspect the kitchen. Make sure that they evaluate the amount of work that needs to be done, and that they provide you an estimate for the cost and amount of time it should take to complete the project. A professional painting company should be willing to do this for you without charging a fee. Most painting companies are well aware of their competitors, and they know that coming to your house to provide an estimate and explain their services is a normal part of the client acquisition process.
When you receive the estimate, make sure that it’s thorough and that it includes all of the work that you need to be completed. You don’t want to be put in a situation where some of work was not completed as per your expectations. Also, ensure that any verbal agreements you might have made are written down at this point.
Before you sign the contract, you may want to ask the following questions:
- Are the company’s workers covered by workers’ compensation insurance? This will ensure that you are not liable for any accidents that could occur on your property.
- Ask detailed questions about the quality of the paint that will be used, the mechanics of the job, the number of workers on-site, and the expected duration of the project.
- Ask if the company will rectify potential damages. The company should be willing to repair any damages related to the job if they take place during the painting process.
- Ask if the company provides any warranties for their work. If so, make sure it is written in the contract.
- Do they have the proper permits (if required), and are they qualified to complete the project effectively?
Are You Looking for a Professional Kitchen Cabinet Painting Company in Geneva?
Want to get the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted? Prime Time Painting can help! All of our employees are highly trained and certified professionals. If you are ready to paint the kitchen cabinets in your Geneva home, we are the company to call.
Contact us today to request a free quote!