If you are fed up with outdated look of the cabinets in your kitchen, there are many ideas that you could implement to bring some sparkle back to your kitchen.
Cabinets are one of the main focal points in any kitchen, so if you aren’t please with the ones you currently have, why not go ahead and give them a beautiful facelift with a fresh coat of paint? Granted, painting your kitchen cabinets by yourself is not a small undertaking. But if you are feeling up to the challenge, you may soon be the proud owner of a beautiful kitchen.
In this post, we are going to explain several great cabinet painting ideas and steps that will transform your kitchen cabinets in Inverness, Illinois.
The Basic Groundwork
Once you have determined that your cabinets can be painted over, you’ll want to make sure you have several days to focus on the painting task, because you don’t want to rush through it. Part of the preparations should entail the following:
- Empty the cabinets, then clean them thoroughly with a soft cloth and mineral spirits to ensure that you have removed any oil stains, grime, and other blemishes.
- Remove all hardware such as hinges, knobs, handles, and screws to ensure a much neater and a more professional-looking paint job.
- Tape off the countertops and appliances to keep them splatter-free.
Spray or Brush?
Perhaps the next big decision you will have to make is if you are going to spray or brush your cabinets. Spraying will give you a smoother, cleaner, and more professional look. On the other hand, the spraying process could actually turn out to be rather time-consuming, and you may have to purchase or rent a paint sprayer. Using a brush works surprisingly well for painting less complicated cabinet designs.
The color of the cabinets affects the overall mood of the kitchen, and it dictates how other design elements fit in the space. As such, it’s important that you choose colors that will complement the space.
- If your countertops, walls, and kitchen floors are of a lighter shade (e.g., creamy white), then you may want to think about going with a darker cabinet color to create some contrast. Cabinets that are painted dark also work well for nearly any style — from the traditional kitchen, to the modern and contemporary looks. If dark cabinets are not what you have in mind, you might want to consider some warm browns and beiges for your painted cabinets. These two flexible colors would work well with nearly any countertop or floor.
- If any of the monochromatic looks don’t appeal to your style, and if you want to venture on the side of being bold, you may want to think about ‘match and mix’ colors for your lower and upper painted cabinets. For example, the cabinets and woodwork of the kitchen island could be painted a different color from the rest of the cabinetry to help it stand out as a focal point.
- The size of the kitchen is also a key factor to consider. Lighter colored kitchen cabinets help make a small kitchen look and feel more spacious, while darker colors will generally work better for a larger, well-lit kitchen space.
Are You Looking for a Professional Kitchen Cabinet Painting Company in Inverness?
Want to get the dream kitchen you have always wanted? Prime Time Painting can help! We have skilled professionals who can get your kitchen cabinets painted professionally and quickly. Our kitchen painting services reinvigorate your home and raise its value, while also eliminating a lot of time-consuming manual labor if you decide to go with the DIY route.
If you would like to learn more about our cost-effective kitchen cabinet painting services in Inverness, contact us today to request a free quote!