When you decide to paint your Aurora kitchen cabinets, it’s not only one of the best projects you can do to spruce up your kitchen, but it’s also important if you plan on selling your home. Kitchens are, after all, one of the most judged areas of the home by prospective buyers. Fortunately, with the right guidance, painting your kitchen cabinets is fairly straightforward and affordable to do. There is no need to remodel your entire kitchen — a simple update to the cabinets and wall colors can do wonders.
Before you repaint your cabinets, though, there are a few key details you should consider:
- If your cabinets are already painted, you will have to decide if you would like to paint them the same color or choose a new one. Before you begin to paint, take the time to visualize the color and look you would like in your kitchen. This will help ensure that you’ll be satisfied with the results.
- After planning and finding the perfect color, you will need to clean the cabinets. This is one of the most critical steps to painting the cabinets, because the surfaces likely have food particles, grease, and grim on them. It may be easier to take the cabinet doors off so that you can clean them with a rag on a flat surface.
- Once the cabinets are free of any residue, you can begin sanding. A piece of grit sandpaper will work well. In general, it should only take a few passes over the doors and the cabinet drawers. This might be one of the most time-consuming parts of the painting process, but it is also one of the most important steps — having them fully sanded will help the new paint last longer. You could always ask someone to join in and sand with you so that the job gets done quicker.
- The next step is applying a primer. The purpose of the primer is to hold the paint better so it will not chip and peel; regular paint alone will not last as long. There are different types of primers to choose from, and your choice will depend on what kind of paint you are going to use.
- After you apply the primer, the cabinets are ready for painting. There are a few ways to paint the cabinets. One way is with a pneumatic sprayer, which will give the paint a glossy and smooth coat. It is okay if you do not have one, because a brush can be used to achieve the same look. The best way to get a professional-looking paint job is by applying the paint in thick coats. We also recommend applying multiple coats of paint. It will take longer, but by adding multiple layers of paint, it will give your cabinets a more durable and attractive look.
- After letting the doors dry, you can start to hang them back in your kitchen. You will be amazed at what a simple and easy painting can do to renew your kitchen space!
Hire a Kitchen Cabinet Painting Company in Aurora, Illinois
If you have an Aurora kitchen cabinet painting project that you have been putting off for quite a while now, maybe it is time to hire a helping hand. This is where Prime Time Painting comes in. We provide high-quality kitchen cabinet painting services for homeowners in Aurora and the surrounding areas. If you would like more information about our painting process or services, please do not hesitate to contact us today!