Many homeowners today are deciding to paint their kitchen cabinets rather than replace them. However, when it comes to painting your kitchen cabinets, there are some differing opinions. More specifically, many people debate whether painting the insides of the kitchen cabinets is worth the extra time and effort.
If you are unsure whether you should paint the inside of your kitchen cabinets, there are a few key factors to consider before deciding. This kitchen cabinet painting company in Inverness, Illinois is going to explain them below.
First and foremost, consider the current color of your kitchen cabinets.
If your kitchen cabinets are a dark shade, painting the inside may help to brighten the space. Additionally, painting your cabinet doors a light color can make the darker cabinet shelves and doors on the inside look out of place. If the cabinets are already a light shade, you may not need to update them at all.
Second, think about how frequently you use your kitchen cabinets.
Painting the inside of your kitchen cabinets might not be wise if you open and close your cabinets several times a day, since the paint may begin to chip and peel over time. But if you only use them occasionally, having the insides of your cabinets painted by a professional kitchen cabinet painting company in Inverness, Illinois can be a cost-effective way to refresh the aesthetic of your kitchen.
Finally, consider the financial implications.
You can paint the interior of your kitchen cabinets for less money than it would cost to replace them, but it is a process that will require some time and work. You may also want to consider how much money you can save if you ask your kitchen cabinet painting company in Inverness, Illinois to only paint the outsides of the cabinets.
Reasons to paint the insides of kitchen cabinets:
- Consistency: If you are painting the inside of your kitchen cabinets, it can brighten the entire room and provide a more uniform and unified look if you are also painting the outside of your cabinets.
- Durability: Painting the interior of your kitchen cabinets can make them more durable if your kitchen cabinet painting company in Inverness, Illinois uses high-quality paint that’s specifically designed for cabinets. This will protect them from normal wear and aging over time, making them easier to clean.
- Increased value: If you are going to sell your Inverness home soon, painting the inside of your kitchen cabinets can help raise the value of your property. In the eyes of a potential buyer, a fresh coat of paint that looks professionally done can make a big difference.
Reasons to avoid painting the insides of kitchen cabinets:
- Difficult to access: If you are painting the inside of cabinets, it can be tough to reach all edges and corners, so you may wind up with a few streaks or brush marks.
- Ongoing cleanliness: Painted Cabinets can also show fingerprints and smudges more easily than cabinets made of natural wood.
- Your budget: If you paint the inside of your kitchen cabinets, you will use more paint, which will result in a higher overall cost.
- Time constraints: Painting the insides of your kitchen cabinets will add to the total time it takes to complete the project.
If you are thinking about painting the inside of your kitchen cabinets, weigh the pros and cons to determine if it is worth the time and effort. In most cases, a new paint job can breathe new life into your cabinetry. However, painting them may not be the best decision depending on the type of kitchen cabinets you have and how often you use them. If you do decide to paint, be sure to hire a kitchen cabinet painting company in Inverness, Illinois to ensure a professional finish.
Looking for the Top-Rated Kitchen Cabinet Painting Company in Inverness, Illinois?
Are you interested in having your kitchen cabinets painted? If so, and if you’re looking for the top-rated kitchen cabinet painting company in Inverness, Illinois, look no further than the professionals at Prime Time Painting. We are well into our second decade as a full-service painting contractor in the Inverness area, and our crew is well-versed in the painting industry’s best practices. Contact us today to learn how we can help.